Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, Feb 6, 2011
















I'm just waking up at 10 AM over and I am sore. My low back is sore from leaning over my longboard scraping off the wax. Lesson learned: next time get a couple of wood rests and lay the board higher up on the work benches-or whatever the heck they are called. Oh, I know, saw horses they used to call them. So next time buy two saw horses to lean the board on when I clean it. Isn't life interesting?
I'll hit the beach later this afternoon.
I got in the water in the afternoon for a swim with fins around the pier. Pretty uneventful swim. Afterward, I jogged back up to my car. Then I got the idea to go back in the water without the fins and wet suit to see how I would fare. Well, there IS a big difference with wet suit and without the suit. I swam through the sets of smallish waves (2-3 feet) and tried to swim north parallel to the beach. I swam for about ten minutes and started to feel it so I stopped. I was farther south than where I started. The current was pulling south and without fins I was not going anywhere, except in reverse. Getting out I was a little dizzy and was falling down in the waves-probably a bit too cold. Once again, I need to learn more about currents, tides, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment