Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oceanside Pier Rain On & Off for a Few Days










































































































So, with the rain over the last week on and off, the water has been dirty and stirred up--so no swimming for me. Today I felt the need to get in to eliminate my saline withdrawal symptoms. I parked at the south side of the Pier and took a few pictures. The tide was up and the water was a washing machine mess. Only about six surfers trying to find a rideable wave, and half were young ladies.















The water was nasty rough, very difficult to crawl through it. I was dizzy and seasick by the time I was coming in the last ten or fifteen minutes. I puked my guts up repeatedly when I touched sand; I'm not sure whether that was from drinking too much sea water or seasickness, or just having the water kick my butt hard.















But it was just what I needed because I feel much better now; I was really down in the dumps without my fix of freezing water and misery. Then it started to lightly rain again on the way home. That means that there may not be simming tomorrow. Doggonit!
And, by the way, who are those two intrepid fellows braving the surf without wet suits...That's about 57 degree water there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey that water looks white and therefore cold. When I travelled to Argentina, I went to the coastal city to try those waters. At first, it was super cold and I had to go back to my apartment rental in Buenos Aires to get some extra coats. Then I got used t it and I would say it is the best sea in South America.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete