Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oceanside Pier Saturday Night











The water was bigger tonight, and thankfully, cleaner than yesterday. I really noticed that the feel of the water was fresher tonight. The sun is setting late now after the time change so I didn't get in until about 5 PM. Temp was 58. Rougher than yesterday-about 3 to 6 feet. Little interval between waves. Lots of strong surge. Current running north to south.

More surfers out there than yesterday-nobody on the north side and about two dozen on the south side. Well, maybe fifteen.

I got in on the south side with my fins, webbed gloves, hole-ey wet suit, and yellow swimmer's safety vest. Also two swim caps and my swim goggles. I also wear rash guard shorts and shirt underneath it all. I still started to chill up on my way out after fifteen minutes. My wet suit is thin and old and worn out.

A hard swim against the current to get around the pier. Big chop as usual lately, making breathing and a smooth stroke difficult.

No puking. Here's a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment