Friday, April 15, 2011

Oceanside Tea Party Rally at the Pier Friday April 15

No pictures today. I had three days off with a painful neck, and when I drove by the Pier after work, I was thinking that if it was calm I'd swim. It was much calmer than a few days ago, so I took a nice, slow swim around the pier with fins and gloves on. My neck hurt and right shoulder but it was good to ease along and relax. The water isn't very clean; it has a slight brownish tint to it. No visibility. Small waves. Not too cold, probably 62 or so. When I got out and was walking past the bandshell toward my car parked up above the strand, I heard country music playing, which was very nice. I think it was the Zack Brown Band's "I got my toes in the water, my a** in the sand..." I was feeling good that there was a get together with country music and American flags until I saw the signs "Tea Party Rally," and "Taxpayers Revolution," etc. That ruined it for me. I support our government helping those who need help, like the poor, the elderly, the working poor, the middle class, people who want health insurance & jobs, and sharing the wealth. The Tea Party is anathema to me. But it was a nice atmosphere in spite of the signs and placards with which I disagree. I think that I'll be back in the water tomorow, and I'll bring the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment