Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rough Water Swim Oceanside CA

Wow. Friday afternoon the water was angry. From day to day one never knows what we'll experience out past the breakers. The inside break was rough and surgy at about 3 feet. Then, there was a distinct outside break all chopped up and rough, also running south at about 3 to 6 feet. Swim under those waves or get pounded! Fun! I had air yesterday so no stress under the rough waves. There are days when I don't have the air so I get a bit of the panic under the rough stuff getting the heck beat out of me. Those are the days that I love my fins.

So, I swam a lap around the buoy. All the way around it was rough. Getting out required enjoying a throw-down by a few waves into the sand. I swam a second lap and had enough. What was different today was that out there the water was much cleaner today-a beautiful, deeper blue hue. The depth there is about 30-35 feet which I suppose reveals the prettier blue color. I did enjoy the fresh feel of the clean water today. A good swim. I jogged a bit on the sand and my calves wimped out on me. That's another long-term project. Bye for now. Darnit-no pictures again.

1 comment:

  1. This swim was at the beach at the southern end of Camp Pendleton.

    ReplyDelete