Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oceanside Harbor to Pier Swim May 1, 2011

















































































































































































































So this evening (or late afternoon) I got in just north of the south jetty where the surf contest setup tents are located. I swam out about 100



yards and headed south to the Pier and around the Pier.



I passed a few hundred yards south of the Pier and then in to the beach. The inside waves were still throwing me into the sand at the low water line. The water was chillier than yesterday, but no wet suit necessary. It was brisk, clean, and crisp. The water was flat out there today, so breathing and swimming were easy. It makes such a difference whether the chop is making you inhale/swallow water or one can breathe and relax while swimming. I wore fins but would have been ok without them. I probably swam a good mile in my own personal ocean. Then, I had a bit of energy left so I jogged back to my car at the Harbor. I did have to stop about four times briefly to gasp for breath on the run back.





























No comments:

Post a Comment