Saturday, May 28, 2011

Top Gun Showing Oceanside Amphitheater at the Pier
















So, I hear for the 25th anniversary of the film "Top Gun," the city is showing the film to the public outdoors at the beach amphitheater. I went down for a swim before sunset and took a few pictures of the area before people started arriving.
My swim was from north to south; it was difficult to determine which direction the current was running outside. Inside the inner break, the water was running south, so I went that way. It was rough and choppy, and the swim around the pier gave me a good workout. I lost another pair of goggles coming in through big waves throwing me around. I think that next swim I'll try my Duck Feet fins instead of my trusty Churchills. The Churchills will be breaking any day now. That first picture of the old, blue house is the house where a scene from "Top Gun" was filmed. They are planning to move it to a different location intact eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment