Friday, June 10, 2011

Churchill Slasher Fins

















Friday afternoon after work I went and swam around the pier. Good swim! First, before driving to the pier, I stopped and broke down and purchased a new pair of Churchill Slasher Fins. I just bought the same fins and size as last time. I used them in my swim today and they are GREAT! The fin is firm and delivers a powerful, propulsive kick if needed.
The water was colder today than yesterday-I'm guessing 59 degrees or a bit colder. Water color aqua blue green, fresh and invigorating. High tide but not crazy rough. My swim out was easier than my swim in. On my way in I swallowed a bit of seawater and stopped to puke for half a minute. The swim in felt like I was swimming against the direction of the water-very unusual. Several surfers were on each side of the pier-the surf was about 4 feet with mediocre shape. Overall, a nice, crisp swim. Love my new Churchill Slasher Fins!

2 comments:

  1. We entered the store to inquire about surf racks for a truck, nothing about a board. The owner immediately questioned us about the type of board we have. Thinking it was a normal person and conversation, my husband simply said the brand name of board, nothing more. The man proceeded to yell about the particular brand my husband mentioned as if he were some terrible man. Our 7 month old son was there with me and I had to distract him because the man was so fierce and tense. We did not understand what was up but my husband very cooly said “well thank you for that advice” which of course this man could not accept and cursing and yelling continued-my poor husband who had simply come in to ask about surf racks just stood there while this illogical man yelled. My husband continued to try to diffuse the conversation calmly and wisely. The man treated us like enemies from the moment we came in and was more concerned that we didn’t buy a board from him than selling us racks. We never even inquired about a board, it was so bizarre. We totally felt blitzed by the guy.. Talk about a way to lose customers FAST! It was a very weird situation to say the least. It was literally out of no where that this owner started accusing my husband of being everything bad for the sport of SUP because of the board he owned and treated him like the guys he’s obviously had issues with in the past, even though he just met my husband. He got passionate literally over a brand of board, and personally started attacking my husband and I without us saying anything further- he just kept talking and yelling about one thing after the next while we stood there shocked over what we walked into, so unexpected, so nuts. When he took a break to breathe, my husband calmly said, “I don’t think I wish to continue this conversation” and of course he started in again. I left the store at that point. We are so chill & were just blown away by how heated this dude got when all we did was come looking for racks to buy. As we were leaving, he came out to write our license plate number down, so random, and then tried to come at me on the passenger side of our car after I had already been in my car for 5 minutes with our baby, having removed myself from his shop and the situation. I quickly rolled my window up and locked the door- harassment, almost called the police right there. Again, the most bizarre situation I’ve ever been in. I have never felt the need to warn the public about a business or store until today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the name down. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete