Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dolphins and Cold Water at Oceanside Pier. Also Connor Stotts Beach Rescue Link

Well, no pictures today.  The water was much calmer than yesterday but the warm water of recent days went somewhere else today.  Surfline.com has the temp as 63-65 but at 6 or 7 PM it was colder than that.  I'd guess 59 degrees.  When your face hurts when you get in the water, for me that's 60 or below.  Before I got in I caught sight of about 4 dolphins swimming on the north side of the pier.  I got in there and was hoping that they might stick around near me but I didn't see any signs of the dolphins while I was in the water.  I just swam around the pier with fins and gloves, and the swim was nice but chilly.  It was a nice swim otherwise.

I heard about this rescue of some kids from the rip at the same beach. Guess I just missed it.

Beach Rescue Oceanside CA

No comments:

Post a Comment