Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oceanside CA Pier Swim Labor Day Training Day 2















I just got home from the beach. I did a good swim around the pier. The chop was 1-2 feet and the current was running north pretty strong. Warm water. Probably almost 70. Rough waves and strong surf in the surf zone.
The current was clearly running north so I chose to swim without fins and without gloves. I did fine. So, I know that I can comfortably do the mile swim with just my fat body and swim trunks in less than an hour. For safety I wore my US Divers Swimmer Safety Vest.
I saw one other ocean swimmer out there far swimming parallel to the beach heading toward the pier. I'll just bet that he or she is getting ready for the Labor Day Pier Swim in early Sept.
Here's some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment