Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beautiful, Flat Water for Oceanside Pier Swim Monday

It can't get much better than this.  The water was about 68 degrees, few people on the beach, plenty of close parking, small (2-3 feet) nicely-shaped waves, no current past the surf zone, etcetera.  I had a great swim going south to north Monday at 5 PM.  Clean, light-blue water under an overcast sky with an air temp of 64 degrees.






















I am alone out there!  Such solitude, tranquility, and rest for the mind.  My own breathing, snorting, coughing, kicking, and other assorted noises that I make while swimming are the only sounds to be heard out there.  No jet ski whines yesterday at all to give one concern.  No speedboats.  Not even a kayak or sailboat.  Wow.  The pictures that I take never do the reality justice but I'll post them anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment