Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oceanside Pier Swim and Supergirl Pro Surf Contest

Surf Contest Link




















Oh my goodness-what a day at the beach!  I have not been in the water for six days because my back has been hurting.  This afternoon I went in at low tide for a swim around the pier and the water temperature was a comfy 68 degrees, the waves were 2-3 feet, long intervals, and past the breakers the sea was flat.  Visibility was about 8 feet and there was a minimal current north to south.  I stopped half-way at the pier and checked for the current by watching the water carry me southward very slowly.
There was a surf contest going on at the south side of the pier-it was a longboard day.  Perfect for the longboarders.  The atmosphere was mellow and there was a Guy Takayama sale at the amphitheater - surf gear, boards, etc.
I wore the fins so that the back wouldn't be stressed.  I took a slow, relaxing swim and relished in the comfort of it.  The lovely, light-blue water out deep was gorgeous.  The sky was overcast-mostly clouded over.  I watched the sun breaking through the clouds after my swim as I waded and looked for shells.  Just a really neat swim day.  And the ocean past the breakers was mine alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment