Thursday, August 18, 2011

San Diego Ocean Swimming

I took my camera out to take some pictures before my swim but my battery was dead.  No big deal; the pictures would have looked like yesterday's.  Actually, the pier swim was pretty much a repeat of yesterday-very good.  Today I thought a lot about my arm stroke and problems that I have with it.  When the water is active, or choppy, or a bit rough, I am adjusting my arm pull to maintain my balance in the water and my ability to breathe.  I find myself as I arm-pull pulling inward toward the midline of my body, pulling outward, pushing up or down, etc. 
I really don't know whether I am giving in to the water and pulling incorrectly, or doing what is just a normal adaptation in my arm-pull with necessary adjustments.  The water had about a one-foot chop to it today and I was  constantly making minor adjustments in my arm-pulls.  Any thoughts or opinions out there?
No other swimmers today, but more beachgoers enjoying the warm water and great weather at the beach.  Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment