Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Blog Name











I had to change my blog name to reflect the true nature of my swims in the ocean.  I like to be alone out there and feel detached from the heaviness of the mundane world.
Friday evening was another swim in brown water.  However, if you look closely at these pictures, you will see a clear delineation about fifty yards out from the sand where the brown water begins.  Yesterday it was all brown water, but Friday the first fifty yards was this beautiful grene-blue water that was a welcome pleasure.  I clearly swam into the brown as I went out and then, when returning in on the north side, re-entered the beautiful green-blue water again.  How weird?
The tide was low and my swim around the pier still took me 40 minutes.  The water in the brown was very choppy and resistant, it seemed.  I hit the end of the pier at 24 minutes and stopped to watch for a current.  There was no current out there.  I think that the two-foot chop was just a general problem to slow a swimmer's progress.  I didn't feel the energy on my way in at all.
Water temp was fine for just a swimsuit.  I found two sand dollars and gave then to two young boys-about 11-year olds-and there were so polite that it made me feel some hope for the world.  "Thank you," and "thank you" from the boys warmed my cold heart. 
We'll see how Saturday's ocean arrives.  I hope the brown returns from whence it came, leaving that greenish-blue color that reminds one of southern climes.

No comments:

Post a Comment