Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monday 5 PM Swim Oceanside Pier










Well, the red tide is lingering around.  The water is still a light brown-it was all over today-not in patches.  The water far out was a lighter brown and had a few warmer spots.  I got there late afternoon, and there were about 2 dozen surfers on the south side of the pier.  No waves breaking on the north side.  I swam north to south-with the current these last two days.  The water past the breakers was pretty flat for swimming.  There was just a small chop.  It got foggy at the end of the pier and thicker fog coming back in.  I was cold and it was a slow-motion slog swimming back in with the cold draining the energy. 
I see the big pelicans all over and they are something else; they fly above the water at 30-40 feet and just drop straight in when they see a fish, I suppose.  They just nose-dive in there.  Wonder how much they catch-or how often their dives come up with a fish?
My swim was forty minutes today (Monday).  Water temp about 61.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment