Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oceanside Rough Water Ocean Swim















The water was very choppy tonight.  I swam north to south at 4:30 PM or so.  Water temp 57-59 degrees per surfline.com and I think it the upper part (59) of that.  It didn't feel very cold to me.  I got used to it within 5 minutes.  The chop was one foot and up to a solid two foot farther out off the pier.  My neck is hurting now from trying to lift my head up to breathe.  Visibility about 8 feet.  Surprisingly, under a cloudy sky with that chop, there were quite a few surfers, especially on the south side.  Up to two dozen.
I can't think of much to single out this swim tonight.  Thirteen minutes to the end of the pier, with fins, and I hit the sand at 27 minutes.  A nice, brisk, rough water swim.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment