Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday Oceanside Pier Swim

















The beach was quiet this afternoon when I swam at about 1 PM.  The town is quiet too; everybody is getting ready for the Super Bowl Game.
The tide was very low and the current was flowing steadily southward-just like yesterday.  I had a 30 minute swim in some cold water.  I got used to the water after ten minutes but then got cold again at about twenty minutes.  The waves were 1 to 4 feet-the bigger waves being on the south side.  I got crunched hard by a wave swimming in.  There were very few surfers at the beach today; I guess they were home preparing for the game.
The water was a little sloppy and choppy at the end of the pier.  My swimming felt weak and slow.  Probably because it is-ha ha.
Anyway, I got my swim in and felt good.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment