Wednesday, March 14, 2012

333 Restaurant in Oceanside CA

I was talking to a co-worker a few days ago who had eaten at the new 333 Restaurant at the Oceanside Pier.  This gentleman and his wife had enjoyed a nice dinner at 333 and enjoyed the view of the Pier and the water.  I told him, "Hey, that's my spot.  Did you see a guy swimming out there?"  Well, of course he had not; the odds of that would be rather small.
I haven't been there yet; I'm more of a McDonald's guy.
This afternoon after work I went for a swim north to south around the pier.  The water was running south and it was mild to moderately rough.  Fins needed.  The water was breaking hard into a foamy, white water surge-wave after wave after wave.
Swimming out was lively; I was swimming into two foot waves continuously-just throwing my arms forward and pulling, along with kicking with the fins.  It was cold also.  I stayed cold for the 34 minute swim.  On the way in, it was more fun.  I felt like I was body surfing short, small waves every ten seconds or so.  It was fun, and the waves helped push me toward the shore.
Only a handful of surfers trying to catch a four foot wave with a decent shape-the waves were without much of a shape.
I almost lost my goggles-I was thrown around by two different waves coming in.
A neat, fun swim.  Invigorating, exciting, and bracing. No camera unfortunately.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment