Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Monday After Work Swim

No camera today; I wasn't expecting to swim.  But, I drove by the beach and it was beautiful.  More beachgoers because of Spring Break for some folks.  The water had settled down quite a bit but fins were still a good idea for me.  As it turned out, I would have survived without fins.  The current was mild to the south.  The water was cold and fresh.  There were big swells out there and the breaking waves were powerful-about 3 different lines of parallel breaks.  I got thrown around pretty good coming in-guess the fins were nice to have on, now that I think of it.  I remember kicking the fins to fight back to the surface a couple of times.
A good, rough swim overall. Took me 6 minutes to get out through the surf.  The swim around was mildly choppy but fun.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment