Monday, April 30, 2012

New Jammers First Pair Ever Barracuda From SwimOutlet.com




























The top 9 pictures I took this afternoon (Monday) at the Oceanside Harbor.  I drive that way to the Pier and today I stopped to check it out because it looked rough.  It was.  Waves were breaking over the rock jetties.  Then I drove to the south side of the Pier.
I got my new bathing suit and was a bit nervous to wear it in public, but I did it and it was great.  The jammer style (skin tight, bun-hugging) with my fat spare tire floating above the waistline.  However, there is definitely less drag.
I watched the water for 10 minutes deciding whether to wear fins or not because it was very rough in the surf zone.  Only a half-dozen surfers in the water.
I got in south of the pier because the water appeared to be moving to the north-with the wind blowing the opposite way.  The water wasn't cold.  It was cloudy overhead and the water looked cold, but it was comfortable.
I started to swim out but was pulled north, so I got out, walked farther south, and entered for a re-try.
Swimming out was neat; it took me a while to get out past the surf, but I was happy to get there without fins. It was probablt the streamlining effect of my new Barracuda Jammers that helped me zip through the waves.
In the surf zone, something dove by me a few feet away.  I barely caught a flash of the end of it but it was either a seal or a dolphin;  I think it was a dolphin playing in the surf.  It startled me just a bit;  I actually wished that I could have gotten a second look.
The chop was a good 2 feet but fun.  The way in was easier and quicker.  As I got into the surf, there was a rip current to the north-pretty strong.  Fun to get thrown around onto the beach stones.  A thirty-one minute swim.
It started to drizzle on the way home.  I need the weather to allow me one more swim this week for 'the streak.'  I should be okay.
Thanks for reading.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment