Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oceanside Thursday Farmers Market

I thought that the Thursday night farmers market was a seasonal deal, but a guy at work just told me that it was going on tonight and year-round.  So there-something else which I have no interest in attending.  I prefer the solitude of my swims-like the swim that I had after work today.
I haven't been feeling so hot this week and mucho pain has kept me away from the beach all week.
My last swim was Saturday the 7th.  I really thought that the streak was gonna' be done this week.  We had some rain which gets the water dirty and we are expecting more rain.
This afternoon before work ended I just got the impulse to get myself in the water-I only have today, tomorrow, and Saturday to get 2 swims in.
I got my swim in today.  39 minutes. With fins.  The water was a little dirty and very rough out there for swimming.  I didn't bring a bathing suit with me so I swam in my long pants and underwear.  No shirt.  I wore my belt.  The water was cold today and the chop was 2-3 feet all the way.  Not a strong current, though, which was nice.  No camera either.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment