Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Swim Before the Rain Arrives















There's supposed to be some rain coming tonight so I got my swim in after work today (Wednesday).  I don't want to take a chance that the rain may be heavy and the water might be dirty for a few days.  The sky was cloudy with blue spots and even sunshine breaking through before my swim.  By the time I was out the sky had changed with dark cluds blowing in from the west.  The waves were small initially, 1-2 feet, with a flat ocean.  I wore my fins because I wanted to take it easy.  I did a 30 minute swim and enjoyed it.  It was face-hurting cold getting in, but it warmed up farther out.  In one of my pictures you may be able to see a car on the pier.  Somebody must not have known that you don't drive your car on the pier.  (Real tough to figure that out).  The cops were sorting that out a while later after the car made it's way back in. 
Some rain drops fell on the drive home so I guess I had the right idea.  I am covered for the streak for the week.
There was one other guy swimming around a bit on the south side who I saw after I exited the water.  I have seen this guy before.  He swims a little, and just lazes and floats around in the freezing water near the surfers and just out past them.  He's got his own program going. Good for him.  I need to be moving to keep the body working in the cold water.  Surfline.com has the temp today as 58-60. 


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment