Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waterproof Cameras

I don't have a waterproof camera, and today again, I forgot to bring my non-waterproof camera to the beach.  Surfline.com has the water temp at 54-56 degrees.  It didn't feel that cold.  I had a 38 minute swim with fins from Tyson St north and out & around the pier.  The current was mild and I was swimming into it.  The sea was mild but getting out through the surf took me 7 minutes with the fins.  Long time.  Wave after wave pushing me back, only 10 seconds or so interval.  Took a while to get out-strange.  Maybe I was lazy or tired getting going.
I watched some of the pictures and video of Rob at Rob Aquatics swimming and I realize that he swims with his upper back and shoulders higher in the water than I do.  He has his shoulders very high and reaches far forward with his arms.  I tried to do this today and it seemed to increase my speed.  I'll keep working on the technique.
Good swim after work.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

1 comment:

  1. the thing you need to look out for if you're going to carry your upper body higher is that you don't want to be dragging your hips and ankles, try to keep your butt up!

    ReplyDelete