Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Ocean Swimmers in Oceanside, CA at the Pier








Yesterday (Wednesday) I finally got back in the water to see if I could swim around the pier in a mellow fashion--my back has been constant pain--but I MISS getting in the water.  I went at about 4 PM and the area was on the quiet side.  The water was chillier today, which was really nice.  Still, it was only 63 degrees--not very cold--but a refreshing relief from the 65 degree bath water.
It was exciting to see two ocean swimmers out there as I arrived and parked on the street above the beach.  Good looking strokes--they were swimming parallel to the sand, heading north, at a good pace--faster than my pace, for sure.  I took a few pictures but they don't show up in my photos.
They may be a part of The Oceanside Swim Club's new spinoff club, the Calipiranha Ocean Swim Club. 
My swim was 34 1/2 minutes, relaxed, and my back had no pain in the water.  Last night it was hurting, and it woke me up at 5 AM this morning driving me crazy.  Don't get old!


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment