Friday, August 17, 2012

A Neat Pier Swim: Flat Water, Warm but OK, and My Mind Was Right


















I guess that I'm going into a good time period now.  The last couple of days I have felt better and have wanted to get into the water.  Look at the sunset in the pictures at the bottom of the stack here.  That is just before 7:30 PM.  A clear sky and lots of picture takers around the pier.
I reviewed my poem this afternoon and was able to recite it in my mind over and over as I swam tonight.  It gave me a peaceful feeling.  The warm water was relaxing and my time was slower--34 minutes around.
Off the end of the pier I heard an engine, and a speedboat (about 18 foot) was in too close to the pier and we were on a collision course.  I always keep an ear tuned in for the whine of engines and look up if I hear anything like that.  The boat was being driven by a small kid with his Dad behind him.  A good thrill for the kid but 30 feet away is too close for me.  The Dad waved to me and I waved back.  No sweat.  The Dad appeared to be moving near his boy to guide the boat away from me.  Not close enough to raise my heart rate or get me mad.
The water was flat.  I had a good stroke going and felt efficient.  Small waves--two feet but surfable.
The body and mind were in sync.  If 'sync' is a real word? Short or slang for synchrony.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment