Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Last Post Motivated Me To Swim Tonight. Mission Accomplished.

I couldn't find my camera; I think I left it in Temecula at the rental house that my son and I are cleaning up to get a new tenant in there.  He's doing the work; I am doing the thinking. 
Well, after writing, posting, and pondering my post about why I was NOT swimming, I dredged up enough motivation to head to the beach tonight.  Sunset was at 7:30 PM. I arrived at about 6:45 PM.
The water was mellow, mild waves (about 2 feet), and warm at 70 degrees.  I got in and swam around the pier from north to south.  No currents.  My swim was 34.5 minutes.  The distance was probably a little over 3/4 of a mile.  I felt pretty good and had the water to myself past the surf zone.
It was good to get that return to the water out of the way.
Nice to push back against the self-pity and come out swell.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment