Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gorgeous Day Oceanside CA for Surfing, Swimming, and Strolling














It was a special day today at the Pier.  I took some photos before the swim and there were surfers stretched out along the southern beach and a half-dozen or so on the north side.  Most of the waves were 2-3 feet with a long interval, but lots of them closed out. 
They are still surfing in trunks and rash guards, as the water is a comfortable 68 degrees. 
I only had a little over an hour and my swim turned out to be 55 minutes.  I was concentrating on my arm pulling backwards instead of pulling back and down, as I have a bad habit of doing.
I swam out on the north side and headed south.  I turned back at about 25 minutes so the parking meter wouldn't expire on me.  The meter was expired when I got to my car but no ticket.  On the return swim north, the water was choppy  and breaking right in my face.  I got a good workout pulling my way back into that.
There is something going on at the bottom of the water about 50 yards out: a brown cloudiness covers quite an area.  Perhaps this is the beginning of an algae bloom?  I haven't heard anything of it yet.
It was a neat day at the Pier!


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment