Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sadly, No Labor Day Pier Swim for Me

Labor Day Pier Swim North County Times Coverage



Above is a link to The North County Times covering the swim on Monday.
I was on the DL,the  Disabled List, in football parlance.
I got a new treatment for low back nerves the prior Thursday.  The Dr. did injections of something, I'll guess Marcaine, because I heard him say to another Dr., "I'll need a little more of that 0.25%."  He did an injection into the joint between my right L3 and L4, which has helped somewhat.  On the other hand, the left side is now giving me even more grief.  I think the left side has always been an issue but that it has been overshadowed by the worse right side. 
I know this is a bunch of uninteresting info but I felt that I should write something about the Pier Swim.
They had the strong inside rip current to the north, as usual.  The surf had picked up from 2 feet to a more powerful 3-4 feet. 
There has been a change in the management of the Oceanside Swim Club, which sponsors the annual swim, but thankfully the swim continues.
Since I am not swimming, I think that I may start another blog.  About nothing.  Kinda' like the Seinfeld Show.  We'll see. Congratulations to you Labor Day Pier Swimmers.  Life is better 'Out Past the Breakers.'


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment