Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dredging Day Off. Yay! Clean Swim










In my fourth picture from the top above, I need to find out what is inside that little space under the pier.  Does anyone know?  Any reader been inside?  I think it's part of the Lifeguard's control center but have always been curious.  Whenever I have walked or jogged by in front of the darkened windows, I wonder whether I am being watched by somebody at a desk or something like that.
Today I had life inside me again and went for another swim.  This cool water is great.  The dredgers took a day off and were at anchor about a mile and a half offshore of Oceanside.
So, the water was MUCH cleaner; there was about 4-5 foot visibility.  The water felt crisp, brisk, and I could see a bit.  Very nice.  Let me check the water temp now. 64 degrees.  It felt good.  I did a 32 minute pier swim in choppy conditions.  The chop was bigger out past the pier; it was a good foot out there. 
As you can see in the pictures, hardly any beachgoers today, and almost no surfers.  I splurged and spent the $2.00 to park right at the sand.  I definitely felt the healing powers of the water this afternoon.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment