Friday, November 30, 2012

Swimming in the Rain Friday

Well, I took pictures today but I can't figure out how to post them.  My message says Google Drive and Picasa Files have to be purchased.  Who knows?  The air temp was 68 degrees Friday afternoon and it was raining lightly at the Pier when I went in.  Water temp was 59-61.  The waves were biggest on the south side of the pier with some pounding 4-5 feet sets.  Lots of rough white water near there.  Other waves 2-3 feet but still pounding.  Visibility maybe 3 feet.  No current.  Choppy water with medium gentle swells far out--like 4-5 foot swells, but friendly ones.  Just float up and down with them.  A nice day to swim.  I like this overcast sky with water conditions that many people would think were inhospitable for a swimmer/surfer.  Nice hour at the beach.  You know, that is all the time that I spend at the beach when I go; I'm not a guy who will relax and catch a suntan on the sand for a few hours.  I'm in the water, around, and then gone. 


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment