Saturday, December 1, 2012

Rough Saturday Swim Around the Pier

So the air temp was 68 today and the water temp is 58-60 degrees.  The sky was half overcast and the water was quite rough and disagreeable: just like me.  Maybe that's why I crave it.  There was a mild southerly current and pounding 2-4 foot waves.  Pounding, white water waves.  I wasn't sure whether I could get out through the surf zone.
The chop was 2 foot, washing machine, and an incoming tide.  It took me 6 minutes to get through the surf.  Then, swimming out continued to be challenging.  Definitely no water craft to get in my way today.
Total swim time 32 minutes, which was a good workout pulling with the arms.  Very few surfers and no visibility.  I have photos but have to figure out how to get them posted.  A disc popped back into place in my low back and I've had lots of pain relief.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment