Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday Pier Swim in Easy Water

So I had the camera and I took about 8 photos.  I get home and something with the memory chip won't let me load them in the computer.  I have to order a new memory chip.
Really, this used to be easy. Write the blog, upload the pictures, stick 'em in the blog.
Now, since I'm a senior citizen I guess (55), I can't do anything right. 
Water at 59-60 was nice.  Mild waves and flat ocean. Even about 4 feet visibility.  Air temp 66.
I decided that today I would try to swim a faster time around the pier because I never get faster.  Guess what?  I didn't get faster.  Doggonit.  I was swimming harder than usual, I thought, and came in at 31 minutes.  I mean it was a nice, refreshing swim; but I was disappointed in my time. 
I've been pulling harder because I am feeling it in my triceps.  I've been kicking a bit harder.  I'm doing less breathing, or getting more strokes in between breaths.
Blue sky today. Only about a dozen surfers. Quiet beach. We'll see what the next few days brings.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment