Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jan 15 pier swim

My back disc went out of whack after my last swim on the 9th of January.  I was landlocked until I tried a swim January 16th.  The week from Jan. 9-15 was painful and more.  I swam the pier Jan 15th, and the disc was more ruptured.  Today's the 22nd and I'm out.
Doctor's appt done and next week a second eval with the Orthopedic Surgeon.  I'll be pleading my case for fusion of some lumbar vertebrae because my ruptured discs at L3-4 & L4-5 are more than I can handle anymore.  My last two swims knocked the L3-4 disc out of whack.  I have to hold off on the swimming for now. 
My swim January 15th was flat and smooth.  The water was very cold.  I had a 29 minute swim and had the water to myself.  The waves were small and hardly any surfers were there.  Visibility was a  little better than usual--maybe 7 feet.  It's been only a week and I'm missing my salt water.  I'll hope for better health.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment