Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Back After Pain Injections


It has been five months since I last had epidural nerve blocks in my back.  It takes forever to get approved and scheduled.  As of this morning the shots in the top right band-aid injection spot didn't do jack for killing pain.  The other 3 spots seem ok.
I haven't seen my back but I don't like the looks of what I see.  Love handles, flabby fat storage, overall unpleasant.  And this is at 230 pounds, lighter than I've been at my peak. I'm 5'10".
I can work on this weight thing, I suppose, but truth tell I really don't give a rat's a**.
So the anesthesiologist starts the needle away from the spine and moves toward the spine; that's why the band-aids seem so far away from the spine.
They do this under a fluoroscope (fancy live x-ray machine) to watch the location of the needles.  Then they shoot some stuff in.  I don't even ask what they shoot in; they could shoot cement in and I'd go with it.
The procedure is to numb the branch nerves in multiple areas. In 1 month I return and they stick a needle in and heat up some tiny nerves to kill them for a while.  They grow back, I hear.
Crap! Crap! Crap!
I may get in the water soon--or not.  The self-pity party is raging within my soul.
I wear jockey shorts, as you see; I endorse them for their snug fit, overall comfort, and durability.  You can purchase them on-line now also.
These band-aids are supposed to be at L 3-4 and L 4-5.  Does anyone have any experience with this? Feedback appreciated.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment