Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oceanside Water Temp Today 54-56 Degrees





The water today was 54-56 degrees but felt on the low side of that range. It made my face hurt for about ten minutes, which is a good indicator for me. It was cold.  About 100 yards before I finished my swim on the south side of the pier the water the water warmed up, which was nice.  My hands were frozen and it was hard to keep my fingers closed.  We had a beautiful, clear sky with a lovely shining sun.  However, the ocean was agitated.  The whole swim was in a two-foot chop.  It wasn't really clean, but ok.  Visibility about 3 feet.  Only ten surfers or so in the area.
My swim was 30 minutes at a very low tide.  Afterward I found several good seashells for the collection.  For a $2.00 parking fee, it was well worth it.  Good pier swim.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

1 comment:

  1. 225 pounds today. It's been a long time since I tipped the scales at 225.

    ReplyDelete