Wednesday, March 20, 2013

San Diego Ocean Swim. Toasty Warm at 55 Degrees (same as my age).

















Two weeks elapsed since my body got into this beautiful water.  Long weeks.  Bad weeks.  Today it felt Cold cold because I wasn't used to it.  I didn't get used to the water until eighteen minutes into my swim; that was when I was off the end of the pier checking my time.  The surf was small but rough and sloppy.  The first hundred and fifty yards were up & down swimming, and pulling hard to warm up.
After that the chop was about a foot to a foot and 1/2.  It was not enough to make it miserable to breathe, but enough to be annoying.  I puked once on the way in.
I was cold even after I was home for about an hour.  Then I took a hot bath to warm me up.  That did it.
Visibility about 8 feet. Current moving southeast making diagonal chop out there.
A decent swim of 34 minutes around the pier.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment