Friday, April 5, 2013

Three Weeks Without Salt Water Ended Today.


 This water above in the lower left-hand corner was coming in pushing hard to the right. The scattered  surfers were more to the right (north) in this photo.



I have not swum for three weeks.  I never give you full disclosure on this blog but I say what I feel comfortable saying.  Surfline has the water temp at 58-60 degrees.  I actually wore a thin, full wetsuit and fins today.  I was not physically up to swimming so I half-as*ed it.  I lay on my back and kicked around the pier.  Thirty-two minutes around. Clean water. Slight current to the north--left to right in the photos.  Nice little swells out there--about 2 feet.  The breaking waves were 3-4 feet on the south side and 2-3 feet on the north side.
I'm quite anxious about my neck status post fusion surgery 3 yrs & 8 months ago.  My symptoms have returned big-time and that nerve pinching pain is something that makes you want to rip your head off.  For a month or so I have been having bona-fide anxiety issues over my surgery, like was it done correctly? Is the one crooked screw a sign of a problem that occurred in surgery? Is the radiating that has increased into my right arm a sign of a need to re-do the operation? When I press on my neck, why does my other arm (left) experience the same radiating pain?
My lumbar back plan is to get more pain shots at an out-pt surgery center in 2 weeks.  My diagnosis is facet joint arthritis in lumbar vertebrae.  If interested you can look up facet joints on the internet and get the idea.  My neck agony has the positive effect of making me suffer less with the low back issues.  There's a sun behind the clouds.
I'm way off swimming. Sorry. For a good swim blog there's Rob Aquatics, Monterey Bay Kelp Krawlers, Lone Swimmer (by an Irishman), and others.
I'm getting some religion with my life of pain now: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
Or maybe, "The Lord is my safety kayaker, I shall not want."
Bye for now.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment