Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oceanside Pier Swim Wednesday May 15th

     I went down to the beach to get a swim in because I felt a burst of energy today.








When I got there, I realized that I forgot my bathing suit.  So, I had to wear my wet suit, and it was especially warm today in the water.  The water turned warm about a week ago.  Surfline.com says 64-66 degrees.  Wow.  That's the highest this year so far.  The surf was calm but there was a small chop out past the waves.  I'd say up to one foot chop.  I entered on the north side (the right side of the photos) and swam north to south.  It turned out that there was a mild current moving from south to north.  It made a little extra effort necessary swimming out.
     I felt like taking a few photos of the street above the water so that people unfamiliar with the development could get a look.  The Pier area really has changed a lot.  Now there's construction ongoing on a 4 or 5 or 6 story building that you can see in one of the photos.  It's probably going to be a time share--blah.
     The sky was hazy along the western horizon but most of the sky was blue.  I felt like I could have gotten some sun on my face today.  Summer is coming fast.  Winter is my favorite time due to the lack of crowds, plentiful parking spaces, and quieter atmosphere.  My swim was 35 minutes and tuckered me out today.
     A nice day to be at the beach in Oceanside.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment