Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pier Swim Oceanside Choppy. Happy Birthday Mom

   



 I got myself into the water again today, and it was earlier--about 10 AM.  The water was a choppy, wishy-washy mess.  The chop was 1-2 foot all around the Pier.  There were 2 surfers on the north side (the right side) and about 6 on the south side. I had trouble turning my neck.  I think I'll stop the physical therapy for that.  I don't see how it's supposed to work if there's a piece of metal in there to prevent turning.
The water was warm.  Surfline had it at 60-62 but I walked right in like a native with my tight shorts.  It's really not a pretty sight; that picture will never make it on the blog.
I'm glad I got out there.  I was swimming against a mild current and the swim was 34 minutes.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

1 comment:

  1. My Happy Birthday to my Mom is a posthumous one; she died a little over four years ago. I still want to phone her up often.

    ReplyDelete