Thursday, July 25, 2013

Beach Gazing by Chris O'Dowd



Beach Gazing 
                
Each day different, my ocean ever-changing;
Refreshing, inspiring, a tonic to the heart;
I come here for renewal, never disappointed;
Inhaling sun, water, air, and freedom itself.

Rough and angry, calm and serene, all a blessing.
Clear blue sky, white clouds, sandpipers, seagulls;
And the Pier, we lack a Boardwalk here, Oh, it pleases.
Crowded on warm, sunny days; watching the fishermen.

Myself, I am captured by cold and roughness.
A rare blast of chilly rain thrown into my face,
Greets me like a close friend, I love the bracing cold.
Even happier am I lost inside the numbing ocean.

Count the pelicans that fly in their crooked lines.
Constantly changing their minds in formation.
A dozen, two dozen, a V formation in flight;
Then back to their shifting, trailing lines.

Stroll the seashore, look for shells;
Some get their feet wet; children venture farther out.
Parents’ time divided between worry and joy;
Take your photos, these times are soon gone.  



"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment