Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another Prep Mile Swim for Oceanside Labor Day Pier Swim







I went earlier to the beach today to get a prep swim in for the Labor Day Pier Swim.  I am getting excited about it.  Last night was very painful with my back but ok this morning.  The water was fantastic.  Blue water with the best visibility that I remember for us: approximately 20 feet visibility. Amazing here.  Temp about 61 to 63 degrees per surfline.com with waves 1-2 feet.  This was a great day for beginning surfers to get out in the prime areas because no surfers were there.
I saw about 8 swimmers going around the pier, probably also getting ready for the feel of the upcoming pier swim.
I have said it before but I'll say it again: This stuff is free folks!  We will now be coming into my favorite fall and winter months when the beach is quiet and barely used except for the surfers.
I was concentrating on my form today, my breathing bilaterally, and stroke efficiency.  My swim time was 33:50.  I knocked 2 minutes off of my swim time.  It was mellow water, though.  But I'll take it.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment