Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday, Sept 26 Pier Swim Letdown

     I swam at the beach about 2:30 PM today for a total of 18-19 minutes; and it kicked my butt!  The ocean is angry, a little less angry than yesterday, with a chop up to 4 feet.  Today the chop was up to 3 feet but I think instead of steady, constant nonsensical swimming, the swim today was an unpredictable tossing about in the chop.  I did get out farther through the surf, stopping half-way between the bathrooms and the Pier end.  This was for safety today; yesterday it was because I didn't have the fitness to swim around in the rough water.
     Did I say the water was rough?  Yesterday it was difficult to get a breathing system going but today I decided to swim south because I could breathe on the left and make some progress.  I got tired after a little bit and did an arc into the sand.  I hit the sand at the pink vacation hotel and the Tyson Street park.
     I have a swimming fault that I don't look up much before I enter the surf and while I go through the surf.  This afternoon a big, crazy wave just smashed me good and ground me up.  I actually got a scare in me.  Oh well, I am what I am, as Popeye said.  Warm water, about 68 degrees.



"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment