Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Swim North Side of the Pier


Wow. Two days in a row.  Feels good.  I had a different plan today for a swim.  I wore the back support and wet suit, with my dashing yellow neoprene hood.  I even broke out my fins.  The idea was to work on the low back muscles.  I lay on my back and did a relaxed kick out to just past the end of the pier. Fourteen minutes out.  I did a relaxed freestyle in to the sand.  Twenty-two minute swim.  Short but helpful, I think.

Same conditions as yesterday in the water.  Very low tide.  A bit of a southeasterly wind gave a tiny chop to the water.  58 degree water.  Refreshing.
I am thankful when I can get into this beautiful water.  And I am thankful for buoyancy.  I'm always surprised at how few persons there are enjoying the water off-season, but it's better for me.  I savor the solitary swim.  I am hoping for a good body tomorrow.  Tell your mother you love her.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment