Monday, January 27, 2014

Strong Surge Today





Again it has been a while since I got wet.  Yesterday and today I felt better so I got my lazy butt down to fabulous Oceanside, CA.  There was one surfer north side and one surfer south side.  Nothing good to ride; the waves were big but closing out horizontal to the sand mostly into a big, white, surging, foamy hunk of loveliness.  The surging foam was pulling to the south moderately.  I wore the wet suit and warm hood and just kicked it out around past the breakers.  The water felt nice after ten minutes; just kicking on my back with fins relaxing and easing up and down with the rise and fall of the swell is sweet.  I stayed in maybe twenty-five minutes and got out because I didn't want to overdo it on my back.  A nice day for me.  Then when I was cleaning my junk out of my car when I got home I stuck my finger on a safety pin while reaching into a car crevice to get my wedding ring.  In my cursing and shaking my hand my ring disappeared.  I looked around everywhere imaginable but I can't find it.  I may have to invest another hundred dollars again for a replacement ring.  If I do that will be my third hundred dollar wedding ring.  And, oh yea, "The first time you quit is the last time you try." 

No comments:

Post a Comment