Monday, July 28, 2014

Lightning Struck at the Beach

     Yesterday at Venice Beach


http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_26226371/lightning-strikes-venice-beach-boardwalk-la-another

I don't know anything about lightning, except that in the US it strikes most commonly in Florida.  This is another reason why I will never go to Florida.  My paramount reason for avoiding Florida is the presence of alligators.

So, this poor fellow is in the wrong place at the wrong time, for sure.  And fourteen others left buzzing by the strike.  Things like this are why we don't worry about sharks in the water. 

By the way, I am STILL waiting for insurance approval to get my back surgery.  I am now a big fatso who does nothing.  The insurance is making me see a neurologist/surgeon--only four more days to wait for that appointment.  This is a one-month wait to see this guy as a mandatory second opinion.  I bet I'm in the office for ten minutes.  What I don't get is that my L3, L4, and L5 discs are all herniated or leaking or bulging, and the technical description goes on about L3 & L4 damage, BUT the orthopedic surgeon plans to fuse just ONE disc (L5 to S1).  Seems to me you'd fix all three discs but what do I know?



"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment