Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wow! I just returned from the beach.


     I feel good.  I broke through the saline ceiling yesterday after 16 months, and today I returned again to that place...that place from which life itself originated-- the beach.

     Two consecutive days of Oceanside beach.  Thank God!  No, thank Poseidon--the Greek god of the sea.  I've gotten water religion.

     I'm walking better.  Longer strides.  Several blocks without pain.  And I owe it to the beach!  Could just be coincidence but I like attributing it to getting in salt water.

     Surfrider again.  Approximate water temp 63 degrees.  Moderate rip current south to north at Surfrider.  Short wave interval--about 10 seconds.  Strong, surging 2-4 foot waves closed out and pounding one after the other. 

     But beautiful water.  We are so lucky here to have this water.  I tried half-heartedly to swim out through the 3 sets of waves--the outside one being the problem.  The outside wave was strong and angry, and I am nowhere near prepared for it yet.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment