Thursday, November 17, 2011

First Time Shivering This Year Swim Around the Pier









So, I have plenty of fat on me to insulate my body from the cold water.  I also have a body thermostat that makes me warmer than typical people.  This is why I can swim in my bathing suit in freezing-ass cold water and deal with it ok.  Well, this afternoon was my first time that I was shivering with cold after my swim while changing my clothes.  Yay!  The water was calm and flat today, with a gentle 2 foot swell to the water every hundred feet or so.  Very small waves with only about 5-10 surfers there.  I got in and lay on my back with fins on today and backstroked out to the end of the pier.  I relaxed and enjoyed a slow, clear swim.  I had to stop for a bit a couple of times to rest my arms as I don't backstroke much.  I freestyled around the end and back in.  I went north to south with a mild current today.  Visibility about 5 feet.  No fish life seen.  Overcast sky.  I found a few good shells.  I'm actually still wrapped up and cold as I write this an hour and fifteen minutes after getting out of the water.  My swim was 29 minutes.  A beautiful hour of time at the beach today in that winter ocean-a deeper blue color with few white bubbles and little foam to the waves.  I was off from work today and got to the beach an hour earlier than usual, so I swam before dark.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment