Monday, October 24, 2011

Best Visibility in Oceanside in My Memory























I went to check out the water-not sure if I would swim-as usual.  The tide was low, very small waves, hardly any surfers, and a totally flat & glassy ocean.  Outstanding.  I saw a dolphin heading south before I got in the water.  Grey skies, sun setting soon-I got into my oversized, baggy, stupid-looking bathing suit, and got in.  An older gentleman, walking his dog, asked me, "Are you going in?"  "Someone has to," I replied.  He nodded in satisfaction and went on his way.  The water was cold but so clean and calm and beautiful.  I estimate the visibility was up to fifteen to twenty feet.
I had a nice swim in the flat water, and did the pier in 31 minutes.  Because of the low tide, my time was shorter.  I saw a bunch of sand dollars on the bottom but didn't stop to collect them today.  Too cold.
What a fantastic ocean at the Pier today.  Glad I had it all to myself.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment