Friday, April 13, 2012

Roller Coaster Swim in the Rain in Oceanside
























Adrenaline rush swim after work today.  Friday the 13th, a crazy ocean with continuous 2-6 foot washing machine swells and chop, not one other person in the water.  I alone enjoyed the exciting water today.  Who cares about rain?  I'm wet already, right?  I swam hard with the fins and had a 30 minute up and down swim.  My pictures stink but better than nothing.  As usual they don't convey the size of the ocean.  My second swim of the week so my streak survives. 
I thought it wise to hide behind a dumpster as the lifeguard truck drove by me.  I would bet money that they would have advised me to stay the heck out of the water today.  Better to hide, wait till they passed, and make a quick entrance and swim out.  Mission accomplished.
The water was not freezing today-just cold.  Just a good time for this lone swimmer today. 

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment