Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pier Swim Oceanside. Swell Up for the Surfers on Pier south side.




























Rough surf zone today and flat, smooth water outside for swimming.  The surfers had great conditions on the south side of the Pier and it was fun to watch them for a while.  I swam without the fins and it took me 4 minutes to get through the surf zone.  The water was warm and pleasant.  Strong current northward in the surf zone and mild northerly current farther out.  The water was a pretty green with visibility of approximately 8 feet.  I wore my tight, new bathing suit today again and caught two surfers joking about me in it.  I don't think I was just paranoid.  Maybe I'll shrink my stomach down and improve the overall appearance.  The suit sure does feel good, anyway.
Surfline.com has the water temp at 59-62.  Pretty warm.  They have the waves at 3-5 feet, which seems accurate.
Neat swim today. A good mile swim in 38 minutes.  Dang, I'm still slow.  One of these days I have to learn how to swim better.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment